Welby Way Charter Elementary School and Gifted/High Ability Magnet Center
23456 Welby Way West Hills, CA 91307 | (818) 348-
The Charter Lottery Results are listed below. This is only a WAIT LIST. There is nothing you need to do from this point forward. We will not know how many spots will be open for each grade level until everyone in the resident school is enrolled. If Welby Way has an opening in the grade level you are looking to enter, we will begin calling from the wait list beginning with #1. We will begin making phone calls during the 3 weeks prior to the beginning of school as well as during the first two weeks of school.
HOW TO READ RESULTS: Find your LOTT# (number you were given when you brought in your application) and next to that number is a WAIT #. This is where your child is on the wait list.
Here are the Charter Results.
2018 Charter Tour Dates: ALL DATES HAVE CONCLUDED
Please check our calendar for this week's events.
Enrollment for the 2018-
In order to receive the enrollment papers, you must provide the following items:
1) (2) Proofs of residency Example: Utility service bill gas; water; electric; Property Tax, rental or lease agreement; Official Government mail (CalWorks, Social Security) Any documentation offered as proof of residence must show the name of the parent/legal guardian, a current date and the residence address.
2) Copy of complete vaccination records. Student cannot be enrolled without ALL required immunizations.
3) Student Original Birth Certificate
4) Parent/Guardian Photo ID (Drivers License)
The first day of School is Tuesday, August 14, 2018.
Show your school pride! Welby Way now has an online Spirit Store
Magnet Tours for 2018-
Tour #1: Wednesday October 3rd
Tour #2: Monday October 8th
Tour #3: Tuesday October 16th
Tour #4: Thursday October 25th
Tour #5: Monday November 5th
Minimum Day Schedule: School is dismissed at 12:30 on minimum days. The minimum dates for 2018-
Thursday 2/28Friday 3/1
Friday 8/31 Admissions Day
Monday 9/3 Labor Day
Monday 9/10 Unassigned Day
Wednesday 9/19 Unassigned Day
Friday 11/12 Veterans Day
Monday 1/21 MLK Jr.
Monday 2/18 President's Day
Monday 4/1 Cesar Chavez
Monday 5/27 Memorial Day
For the safety of our students, all gates will close immediately at the start of school. All remaining volunteers must come directly to the office to sign-
Playground and School opens 7:30 a.m.
School Begins at 8:01 a.m.
Dismissal is at 2:30 (except for minimum days/banking days)
Dismissal for Tuesday banking days is at 1:30
Dismissal for Minimum Days is at 12:30
Playground and School Closes at 6:00 pm for 2nd through 5th graders
Office Hours are 7:30am -
Welby Way Charter Elementary FAQs
1. The kinder yard is closed upon dismissal every day. The District does not provide a Youth Services coach to monitor the kinder yard. Without a District employee, students may not remain on the kinder yard after school, even with parental supervision.
2. The main yard is open until 6:00 p.m. on all school days. Per the District’s policy, the main yard is open ONLY TO STUDENTS SECOND THROUGH FIFTH GRADES. Kindergartners and first graders MAY NOT remain on the yard after school, even with an older sibling, for their safety. The Youth Services division of the LAUSD provides one coach to monitor the entire yard after school. The Youth Services program is an open-
4. Our Bee-
5. The school yard is open at 7:30 a.m. for students to be dropped off. Kindergarten students may wait for the start of school at the kinder yard, and all other students may wait on the main yard. Each yard will have one yard supervision employee. For the students’ safety, the apparatus and game areas are closed on the main yard before school. Students may line up in his/her designated area or stay in the lunch pavilion area to talk, read, and socialize.
6. Although we have many families who walk to school, the majority drive to school. Traffic around our school during the peak drop-
a. Do not stop your car in the middle of the street to drop-
b. Follow the established flow of traffic – the passenger side should always be closest to the school’s perimeter.
c. If you have parked across the street, DO NOT JAYWALK. Walk to the nearest crosswalk and cross at the intersection.
d. Do not stand across the street and wave to your child to run across the street to meet you.
e. Do not sit in your car and wait for your children to come meet you during the pick-
f. Just one car waiting for children who have not come out of the school gates and hold up the rest of traffic.
g. Do not honk for your children.
h. Do not park in the Church parking lot across the street. It is private property and your car can be ticketed.
1. Remember that every child’s safety should be your main concern.
2. Remember that the children are watching what you say and how you choose to follow the rules.
3. Remain calm and courteous at all times.
4. Respect our neighbors and their property. They watch our school and our children for us to keep them safe. They are the first to call the police if they see anything suspicious. Our neighbors are our partners.
5. Park a couple of blocks away or use the valet system to drop off your children.